Salveo Acupressure Mat & Pillow Set Green inc Bag
What is the Salveo Wellness Acupressure Mat?
The Salveo Wellness acupressure mat & pillow set is a tool that is designed to stimulate pressure points on the body. The mat consists of a flat surface covered with thousands of small, plastic spikes. The spikes are arranged in a pattern that is designed to target acupressure points on the body.
Acupressure mats are based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture, which hold that stimulating certain points on the body can help to alleviate pain, improve circulation, and promote relaxation. Users lie on the mat and allow the spikes to press against their skin, which can create a prickly, tingling sensation.* As noted in the 2016 clinical trial PMCID: PMC4286457
When you lie on an acupressure mat, the spikes apply pressure to your skin, stimulating the nerve endings and increasing blood flow to the affected areas. This can help to reduce tension and pain, improve circulation, and promote relaxation.* As noted in the 2016 clinical trial PMCID: PMC4286457
Acupressure mats are often used for back pain, headaches, neck pain, and other types of chronic pain.* They can also be used to relieve stress, improve sleep, and promote overall wellness. They are generally safe to use, but it is always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new therapy.
*As noted in the 2016 clinical trial PMCID: PMC4286457
Does it hurt?
When you lie on an acupressure mat, the spikes apply pressure to your skin, stimulating the nerve endings and increasing blood flow to the affected areas. It provides a strange sensation which may take a short time getting used to. After a while you get used to the sensation and together with the release of oxytocin it actually feels relaxing.
What happens in the body?
- 10 – 15 minutes – peptide hormones start to flow through the whole body
- 20 – 30 minutes – a significant reduction of the stress and discomfort levels in the body
- 30 – 40 minutes – a significant easing of discomfort and increased activity ability
- For best results use daily
- Put your mat on the floor or on your bed
- Lie on your back with the mat under you for 10-20 minutes
- New users may wish to start with a shorter time until body becomes used to the nails
- Users with sensitive skin may wish to place a light cloth over the nails or use a T-Shirt when using the mat
- The mat may be used for longer periods if desired
- Sensations and results may vary from person to person
Please note that a set of printed instructions are included with the mat
Storage: You should roll up the mat and keep it in a dry and safe place, out of reach of children.
Cleaning: You can clean the Salveo Mat with hot water (30C). Remove the internal foam pad. Use detergent or soap and wash it by hand. Let the mat drip-dry.
Travel: Remove the foam rubber pad and only take along the cloth part. That way the Salveo Acupressure Mat doesn’t take up so much space in your suitcase and you can simply place the cloth directly on your bed mattress. Many people have a hard time sleeping when they are away from home. The Salveo Acupressure mat can help you get a better night’s sleep, even when you are on the road.